The wind was blowing really hard and I struggled with my bicycle against it as if having to fight it off. "Man against the elements, ain't it the truth!" I thought. Well a moment later I looked down and saw a squirrel mid-battle with a bush and re-discovered that we're not so different after all. --
I was sitting by the bay and thoughts flooded into my mind, despite the purpose of the journey having been to actually pour those thoughts into the water. But clearing my mind has never been one my strong points and so I stood looking down at the bay whose inhabitants were looking back up at me... The water was particularly clear that day and so I saw sea grass blowing as the waves gently pushed up against the shore; the sand rhythmically swaying in tune with the motion of this wholly different world I was witnessing below me. I thought, "Everything moves underwater," it's always in flux. Then I looked up and felt the sun on my cheek. As I spun around to check that my unlocked bike was still there (after all, one stolen bike is one too many!) I saw the palm trees nod in the direction of the wind, the tall grass following in suit and re-discovered that we're not so different after all. --
No comments:
Post a Comment