Another year has slipped away and the world paused to for a moment to reflect. I hate taking that second to think about where I've been and where I might go, because I'm afraid to get caught up in my own temporal web.
Still we move forward ad sometimes I wonder what is that invisible force that carries us all unthinkingly along in time - where does my inertia come from? Maybe we can look at it this way: Force is equaled to the product of mass and acceleration. If a person's figurative mass can be measured by their weight of influence and if acceleration is representative of motivation (forward seeking behavior), then is that what comprises the force which compels us to go and conquer another day... another year... another decade? What happens when one's acceleration decreases and one's motivation to move forward dwindles? What about when a person's mark on others, their mass, becomes barely noticeable?
This blog being what it is, I think it's now time, you guessed it, to make sweeping gestures about humanity at large (now's the part when I tell you about your nature). Even in the face of opposition, with barely any mass or acceleration, there still exists a force that pushes us forward - as a species and as individuals. Maybe it's cause is something as simple as instinct or maybe it's as indefinable as the promise of something that we can't even conceive of.
The force of the 'yet to be defined' draws us towards it like moths to a flame; as much as we may hate the process of not knowing and though its a dangerous endeavor, we move forwards towards the mystery. We are towards nothingness!
So hello 2011, I'm glad to see we're here together, but I'm ashamed to admit that I'm terrified as we now embark. We're new and fleeting friends - such is the way these things have to be!
No comments:
Post a Comment