I don't think I have the right to call myself a philosopher yet (I'm maybe a degree away), but for the point of kitsch let's just say that I am. "Ask a Philosopher!" was an idea that my house mate of 3 years came up with and basically it's a fun experiment in testing my abilities to bullshit. The impetus came when one late night studying at a coffee shop she exclaimed that her feet were always cold, to which I replied that it's because she has poor circulation. Now I have no idea if that's correct or not, but the point is that it sounded reasonable. When she went on to question if her circulation issues will affect her health in the long run, I confidently responded "no, it's just something about yourself to be aware of." At which point we both laughed because the utter bullshitty-ness (Hey, don't judge! Philosophers are allowed to make up words alright?) of that statement was so obvious. So we recalled some old Youtube videos we would watch when struggling in our astronomy course: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdI1aDjWLlY Hence nanananananananananana "ask a philosopher!" was born.
My dear non-existent readers, this is where you would theoretically come in (I mean that's if you actually existed). If you have any and I mean any questions that you'd like me to answer, go ahead and ask them. I may do so in the form of a video or a blog - who knows! Please give me something to distract myself from my thesis writing misery? Thanks!
Also,
Does my ability to procrastinate have an end?! Note the new title bar as evidence...
Thesis, I will write you darnnit.
Why is Simply Orange just plain the best orange juice ever?
ReplyDeleteExpect a response soon!
ReplyDeleteWhy do cats sleep all day and prowl all night?
ReplyDeleteWhy are my two favorite colors, black and white? MS
ReplyDeleteDear MS,
ReplyDeleteYour two favorite colors are black and white because first white contains all of the colors in it: you have greedy tendencies. Second, you like black because it is the absence of color - you strive for equilibrium, putting your more disharmonious qualities.
Dear As Seen By,
ReplyDeleteCats sleep all day and prowl all night because a) cats rest 14 hours a day so that they conserve more body energy, which they might not be able to make up in the hunt. b) they prowl all night because most of their predators are asleep then, easier to catch their prey off guard. they also have special nighttime vision and its cooler to hunt in the shade of the night than under the heat of the sun.
Dear Roxy,
ReplyDeleteI regret to inform you that if were making objective claims here, Simply Orange is not the best orange juice ever. Rather, it's the juice one squeezes themselves from oranges that is the most delicious.